Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Iran "put a monkey in space"

Okay,

So I'm listening to my local NPR news station, WYPR 88.1 Baltimore, and I hear that Iran has launched its first satellite, OMID, which means hope in English (read about it here). As NPR reports, "The long-range ballistic technology used to put satellites into orbit can also be used for launching warheads, although Iran says it has no plans to do so." But really, would Iran tell us if they were planning to use it to launch missiles? Would we tell the world if we were planning to launch missiles? Uh, NO!

Anyhow, I get to work and coworker B says, "You know Iran launched that satellite?"

Coworker D shouts back to him over the cubical divide, "Yeah, I know."

Coworker B responds, "I bet they're putting a monkey in space."

Coworker A facetiously replies,

"Let's hope that monkey doesn't start a war."

What do you guys think? Scary times ahead?



2 comments:

  1. no scarier than the fact that the US has nuclear weapons that can be launched across the globe

    ReplyDelete