Monday, March 16, 2009

Copy Editing Services - Rates


My Moleskine is Re(a)d
Production Management and Copy Editing Services 
mymoleskineisread@gmail.com


Tier 1: Proofreading

$2.50/page[i]
Proofreading includes checking for grammar, spelling, and use of Standard English. There will be a light check for general style, including awkwardness, word choice, wordiness, order, etc. Unless otherwise noted, this tier includes only one round of drafts.

Tier 2: Copy Editing
$3.65/page
Copy Editing includes everything from Tier 1, plus editing for content and specific style. My specialities are AMA, MLA, APA, and Chicago styles. I will also adhere to house/proprietary styles. This rate also includes a bit of research in regards to requests for fact or reference checking. Tier 2 includes two rounds of drafts. If any further drafts are needed, due to author additions or revisions, additional charges may apply. If more work is needed on the document, the author should consider Tier 3.

Tier 3: Consultation
Customized Quote
Consultation includes assistance in multiple stages of the writing process, including help with reference/fact checking/research, and assessing and preparing documents based on general or specific publication standards, grading criteria, or department standards. Consultation does not mean that I will write your paper for you; it means that I will help with finding “raw materials,” brainstorming,” etc. It’s like having your own personal writing center.

DISCOUNTS:
15% off for Students
I am willing to work within most budgets.

Reference/Fact checking only: $15.00/hour

Expedited Turnaround Flat Rates: 24 hours, $125; 48 hours, $85[ii]

Methods of Payment: Money Order or Paypal

[i] An average of 7 pages/hour with each page averaging 250 words/page.
[ii] This rate is for longer documents (over 5 pages). Discounted rates apply for shorter documents (5 pages and under).

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie edited a cover letter of mine for a job application. The turnaround was within 2 hours (very fast). The edits not only corrected my grammatical errors, but also made my thoughts better articulated and more concise.

    I’m confident that my job application will receive extra consideration now. I credit that to the edits that Stephanie made on my work and recommend her work. I will definitely use her business in the future.


    ReplyDelete