Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Adele's 19

Okay, so I'm a bit late in purchasing this album, but I received a Target gift card from my Secret Santa at work and thought that I should buy the album instead of just listening to it on Rhapsody. I think Adele has a gorgeous voice. She's able to write songs that speak to how real women actually feel when going through the stages of love, relationships, etc without all the bells and whistles of more popular singers in the States.

Her version of Bob Dylan's "Make you feel my love" is, in my opinion, better than his own. Chasing Pavements always brings a tear to my eye, and I know that everyone would love to find her "Daydreamer." Anyone from a large, diverse city can appreciate "Hometown," and as much as Baltimore frustrates me this song reminds me that it made me who I am today; I'll always love it and strive to make it better.

I usually don't review albums, atleast formally, but this one get's an A++! Thank's Rell for "puttin' me on..."

1 comment: