Friday, January 16, 2009

Fat Ass :o)

Okay...so this is what my Mom and I say to each other whenever we do something...well "fat." It's both loving, funny, and to others who aren't familiar with our special type of love, probably a bit sad. For example, I cooked dinner for the three of us (J would be the third person) a few nights ago; instead of having a taste for what I just slaved over, I sat down in front of the tube and proceeded to make love with a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream (my fav). "FAT ASS!" rang out from the dinner table, and all I did was hope that those wouldn't be J's first words. I smiled and continued to eat my ice cream. What did my Mom have for dessert that night? Well....B&J's Chunky Monkey (her fav). FAT ASS!!!

The point to all this is that our affection exclamation of "FAT ASS!" is all too true. Although I find a perverse comfort in my round tummy -- I jiggle it, and stroke it, and flash it at J to make her giggle; although thunder thighs have always been a symbol of my family's genetics; my FAT ASS has got to go!

I became a member of Bally Total Fitness club about two months ago, and I have gone there all of two times since then, including my visit last night. I know I need to loose weight, even if it's just to make it easier carrying a sleeping J up 4 flights of stairs every night when we go home. However, I didn't think that garnering the motivation to eat better and exercise more often would be like hunting flies with a bow and arrow. I've arranged two days a week for J's other grandmother, MiMi, to pick her up from my Mom's so that I can work out after work, and I'm going to try to fit a longer workout in on Sunday mornings. I'm eating a bit better, starting with small things, like less juice/soda and more water. I'm buying more fresh food, and I cook more at home (even if that is out of necessity to stick to a very defined, small budget).

Anyhoo, my goal is to loose 17 by J's first birthday in March, and 25 by a month later -- my birthday, in April. Think I can do it?

Any tips and words of encouragement are needed and appreciated. Also, if you want a gym partner and live near the Bally's on Route 40 in Baltimore (click on title of post), then let me know, because I could sure use the extra accountability.

ME about two years ago:




ME now:


No comments:

Post a Comment