Sunday, January 18, 2009

Helen Thomas and the Whitehouse

I'm watching Thank You Mr. President: Helen Thomas at the Whitehouse on HBO. This woman is going on my list of most valuable people (MVP). Although I no longer want to be a reporter, I still do admire the boldness it takes to be a good journalist and interviewer (keyword: good). Thomas's gumption to ask the hard questions, even during her early years when she was often the only woman at a white house press conference should inspire all news reporters. In a way, journalists are often our only way to KNOW what's going on.

One of Obama's goals is to make Washington more accessible, or again accessible, to all of us. I believe that his claim is genuine, and I would love to see him be a part of public forums and news conferences throughout his term as President. Still, I hope that we can take a little from Thomas, and always ask those hard questions.

Read Helen Thomas' latest column:
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/helenthomas/18481285/detail.html

No comments:

Post a Comment